Friday 18 April 2014

Habitat Coffee X The Coffee Daily | Sheera's Birthday

Finally back on to blogging, and boy have I missed doing this. Recently, or at least for the past week and more, I lived the life, of having no life. I spent one week straight without going out, guess I'm a sucky friend then :/. Which is why I didn't blog, because I have nothing to talk about. I mean, y'all seriously want me to tell you about how I spend more than 22 hours in the 4 walls that is my room?(allegedly)

Went to school earlier that day for some preparatory course for my diploma plus course. So glad I found fun people in my group! Speaking of which, I was so unmotivated to go that day cause the first day was pretty boring, and I had half a mind to quit. But glad I went tho' since the activity that day was pretty easy, and super nothing one. Ok, we are given 4 hours to ask 9 people some questions.

Photo Cred : Raffles Press

A little café along the streets at upper thomson road,(opposite the prata house!), Habitat coffee is a humble haven for those that look for a good meal and ambience. Took a bus from Marymount and I almost missed my stop, I could've sworn my heart skipped a beat, thank goodness I managed to get out! When I walked to the entrance of the café I saw a cardboard sign,(under the the OPEN), 'Please wait to be seated'. And I took a glance inside, and there was a nice crowd there, so I just STOOD THERE FOR 5 MINUTES LIKE AN IDIOT. Which was why I was a bit confused when the workers inside were just looking at me and not doing anything. HAHA, #fail. 

With 10 minutes to 5:30, and with Sheera wanting to try their banana pancakes, rushed to order hers first since the breakfast menu ends at 5:30! One thing I like about Habitat is that it feels very homey and cosy, albeit the noise can get a little overbearing. Also, the loud music didn't help. Kind of reminded me of Strangers' Reunion. ughhh. And it was before soon, the remaining 3, Sheera, Wani and Suvi reached. 


The Menu! Ok, does this remind you of Strangers' Reunion's menu or what?!

Strangers Reunion's Menu! 

After contemplating what to buy, actually not really, the menu was pretty simple without much to even think about, and once you cancel out those that doesn't contain meat in it, I only had a few options left. 

 At $10, reward yourself with a little piece of heaven. Thick thick thick pancakes with caramelised bananas and a drizzle of chocolate and strawberry sauce. It's gonna be a party in your mouth. Kinda wished that I had ordered it too since it looks really really good. Sheera said it's super fluffy! 

 Ordered the tiramisu coffee, since the people there told me that it was a popular choice among people. And either my tastebuds were numb or something, cause it tasted like normal milk coffee. Hmmm, mediocre, but for $6:50, it's not bad. Mai hiam lah(don't be fussy!)
 Truffle fries and Suvi''s cuppa cuppa. The truffle fries were ok, tasted like ummmm, truffle fries. The box reminded me of the ones they have at 4 fingers, and if you remember when you go for camps in primary school where you have to cook your instant maggies over mini portable bunsen burners. Ahhh memories. 

Both me and Suvi ordered the creamed pasta with sausage and bacon. If this was from like a hawker centre for like $6, it would be like not bad. But at $16, it was lacklustre. And when I looked up in to their pantry, I see them opening and closing the Microwave. Which told me straight up they pre-packaged the food and it wasn't even fresh. And the sausages had a tough skin I couldn't even bite through it, even more obvious it was microwaved. Disappointing.

Just what is with me and my bad choices when it comes to choosing food at cafés.

For Wani, she got the truffle fries and Churros, along with melted chocolate. I managed to try some, and it tasted really good! Overall the experience is ok for me, the ambience is not bad, the service there was friendly, and the food would be good if you are lucky enough to choose the right thing to order. TIP :  If there's a chance it is coming out of a microwave, DON'T BUY IT. 

 Smile for the photo!

So it was a day in advanced before Sheera's 19th birthday, so the 3 of us decided to get her a gift. Well, technically they decided, I just paid my share of the gift. Ehhhhhhh, it isn't some cheapo gift ok, it was a CHANEL LIPSTICK OK. CHANEL LEH, we're upgrading, one step at a time. HAHA! 

After we were done, the rain as if on cue stopped, so we had to utilise that time to take photos, as always. And btw, my outfit that day was quite nice right!
















AWKWARD DEMEANOUR AGAIN FUCK.




















One thing that I really couldn't hate more is the shitty humidity after it rains. Like it get so warm and the air becomes so stale, and I feel so sticky all over. Since it was still early, we decided to go to the coffee daily, which is at the Serangoon area. Took a bus to Bishan interchange so we could train out way there. And guess who I saw! Zephaniah! The last time I saw and talk to him was before I graduated! Saw him another time too but again was passing by! 

So when we reached Serangoon, night basically fell, and it was pretty dark. The café was located along the shophouse area, which I am nothing but a stranger towards, I have almost never been there. While walking, Sheera was telling me about her ideal boyfriend. Ok, so Sheera's idea boy man 

Has to be street-smart BUT not too smart
Has to be fit BUT not too muscular
Has to be good looking BUT not too handsome
Has to be tall BUT not too tall

Some I think I made up myself, but you get the point. Anyways, as we walk walk walk, we soon found ourselves to be in this district of bungalows. And I thought like woah, the coffee daily so coolio, their shop is actually inside a private house? And alas, I was proven wrong, we were lost. But we did walk past Wimbly Lu Café and it looked so so sooooo incredibly cute, definitely wanna go there one day. 

Instead of following google maps and 'walk for 8 minutes', we knew better and took a cab. AND HAIL LORD for that decision because the cab ride itself was 8 minutes, or more. And I think we all know how I fair in hot weathers. NOT GOOD.

The café was empty, so that was good, And the reason why was because IT WAS SO HARD TO ACCESS IT.




The place was nice and spacious, and this is a great place to do some net surfing or get some work done, since there was plugs and I think there is free wifi. Definitely wouldn't mind going to just chill all day. I think the great thing about this place is that since it is not that accessible, it makes it easier to get a place and seat there without having the risk of being chased out or travel so far to a full house.



Suvi ordered the rainbow cake. AND OMG, I HAVE NEVER TASTED A WORST TASTING RAINBOW CAKE EVER. The presentation is cute and the colour is pastel-ish, either what they wanted or they were scrimping on the food colouring. THE CAKE WAS DRY AS FUCK AND TOUGH. It was terribly over-beaten, and the cream for some reason felt so hard, like it was left in the fridge for too long. It just tasted dry and pathetic. Worst of all, it costs $10. Small in size, shit in flavour. I would eat it for $1. Off my pedestal. 

I ordered the waffles with Ice Cream. That was nice though. Forgot to take a photo of it, but as much as it is nice, it was overpriced. Which is what coffee daily is. Overpriced. I guess if you do want to make your money worth, go there early in the day and get a drink and use their free wifi and powerpoints. 

Took a bus to AMK after that, and when I reached home, all I did was bathe, surfed the net and slept till the next day. I wonder how I can handle school since my body is conditioned to just relax and chill. 

BTW, I NEED A NEW PHONE, my iPhone is dying. 









No comments:

Post a Comment