Monday 30 March 2015

Got A Little of Life Figured Out

After having conversations with different people and observations as well, accompanied by silent rides home. I think I finally understood, or at least a little, on what place I'm in right now in my life. Even though it's a little young at 19, but right now, I'm at a place in my life where there's just so many more things to consider and do than to constantly go through petty little things like conflicts and drama.

I'm at a place in my life where you're either a friend, or not. Not a foe, not an enemy, you're just a friend, or not. And if you choose to my friend, it means that you have to support everything that I do, be genuinely happy for my successes, and be awfully real to me when I need the truth. 

Seems like a lot of work, but the benefit is that you get all of that in return. 

I'm at a place in my life where I think it's dumb to listen to what people have to say on my business with whoever. Coming into poly, I learned how we can mistake classmate-ship(if that's a word) as friendship. People who could care less would suddenly be all up in your business because they like to start a ticky-ticky-boom and watch, insinuate things for their own entertainment, and let it unfold again and again. It's funny/peculiar/interesting/scary that after all that, they smile at you, laugh with you, talk to you. 

I would know best right?

I'm just at a place where I really couldn't care less to argue and be negative with people who just are trying to start fire. It's not that I can't hold a grown conversation, it's just that I've reached a place in my life to know that it's a waste of everyone's time. I'm at a place where you're a friend, or not. 

I'm not complaining, I'm just at a place in my life where I've learnt to place my focus on things that is actually worth a dime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment